Egypt rightly considers waste management as one of its most important public services. In 2021 alone, the country’s inhabitants produced about 47 million tons of waste. An amount that is expected to grow significantly due to Egypt’s strong population growth. To keep up with the demographic developments and the anticipated consequences, such as the need to process waste as efficiently as possible, Egypt is interested in adapting their waste processing system accordingly. This offers opportunities for Dutch companies and knowledge institutions active in waste processing and/or circular economy.
TRADE MISSION FOCUS
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Cairo are therefore organising an Outgoing Trade Mission on Waste Processing and Circular Economy to Egypt from the 12th – 16th of March 2023, in cooperation with Handelsroute and NABC as implementing partners. The mission’s focus encompasses:
- the collection, sorting, processing and recycling of (municipal) waste or waste from agriculture, as well as
- the export of services or products in waste processing, such as machines, digital applications, knowledge transfer or consulting services,
and will provide participating companies with the opportunity to
- see the realities of the Egyptian waste processing industry at local level and be inspired by best-practices of circular waste solutions in Northern Africa;
- meet relevant Egyptian counterparts from the public and private sector to build your network in the African waste processing industry, and to exchange knowledge with sector-related entrepreneurs from the Netherlands and Egypt;
- gain valuable market insights, assess opportunities on the ground, and mitigate risks in exploring new markets.
REGISTRATION AND COSTS
Companies interested in the Trade Mission on Waste Processing and Circular Economy to Egypt can register for the mission via the RVO website until and including the 10th of February 2023. Information on participation costs can also be found on the RVO website by clicking here.
Please note that a binding decision on whether the mission will take place will be made on the 3rd of February since this is dependent on the number of participants that have registered.
CONTACT PERSON AT NABC
For additional questions regarding the Trade Mission on Waste Processing and Circular Economy to Egypt, please contact NABC’s Lotte Nienhuis via email@example.com.