Kenya is widely regarded as the economic, logistical, and innovation hub for Eastern Africa. Together with its growing economy, the health sector is expanding. Government plans are geared towards achieving universal health coverage (UHC) and the private sector is anticipating the growing middle class, regional medical tourism, and willingness of the government to work with the private sector in achieving UHC.
The main themes of this mission are:
- E-health: products and services around information and communication systems. But also other solutions around automation and digitalisation of hospitals and healthcare.
- Medical devices: devices and auxiliary equipment used for medical care, research and treatment. This may include supplies or delivery packages (medical kits) for diagnostics, treatment or rehabilitation.
This mission is open to:
- Dutch companies (SMEs, start-ups, scale-ups and corporates) active in e-health and medical devices, or
- Dutch companies investigating a new market.
Furthermore, the mission is interesting for organisations that are active in the field of:
- Hospital design, construction and equipment: design, engineering, construction, equipment, management, operation and maintenance of hospitals and care institutions.
- Medical education and training: knowledge and services related to education, training, consultancy and advice for optimising healthcare capacity.
- Health care financing: knowledge and services concerning financing, insurance and policy in health care.
Participation is possible for 500 euros (excl VAT), per company, max 2 participants.
Registration is possible via the RVO website, and possible until the 30th of September 2022.